The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL (SOUL TO WASTE REMIX)
Sheesh, where is my head at today? I posted the item below on the Devils winning the Cup, and I forgot to include my primary reason for writing it in the first place. Naturally, it's all about me:

On my way down to work this morning, I'm listening to my iPod. I've got it on a random mix for the entire song selection (about 728 files). Which song should come up but the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil", as covered and remixed by Laibach (the "Soul To Waste" track; my favorite is actually the "Who Killed The Kennedys" mix).

New Jersey Devils win the Cup one night, "Sympathy For The Devil" queues up on my music player the next morning. What does that mean? Well, nothing, of course; just a coincidence. But a timely one, nonetheless.