The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Thursday, June 12, 2003

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE, IN A THEATER NEAR YOU
m.c. optimus primo
All you Cybertron freaks, hold onto your hats. A live-action Transformers movie is in the works. That's right, live-action, not animated. I'm sure there'll be CGI effects aplenty.

It occurs to me that there are unimaginable automobile product-placement possibilities here! This flick will appeal to an amazingly broad male demographic: Not only to kids who are likely to enjoy the action, but also Gen-Xers who grew up with the original cartoons! Auto makers can reap benefits immediately while also laying the foundations for the future. Double-shot power!

How much you wanna bet that they work a Mini Cooper into this as one of the robot-cars? Undoubtedly as one of the Autobots, a.k.a. the good guys. I mean, the little runt-cars have been prominently featured all over the silver screen lately. This one should be a natural. I'm sure the marketing people are on the phone right this second, working out a deal.

I think it's safe to say that this guy will be among the first in line for this flick, whenever it comes out.