The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Sunday, June 08, 2003

IPOD BATTERY ENDURANCE TEST
The fun with my iPod continues. Last night, I squeezed every last drop of energy out of the battery, so I could recharge it again at full capacity (it's got a ni-cad, or something like it, and so it has to completely drain before recharging, unless you want to cut it's lasting power in half). Today, with the battery back to full charge, I decided to let it play all day long, to see just how long the battery does last.

Well, it's just passed the eight-hour mark, without a single break. It's still going strong! The battery indicator shows two bars lit up, indicating it's still got half its power charge (although I know that's not the case--a factory-fresh battery has a max charge of 10 hours). Fantastic! More than sufficient for my purposes. Heck, I'd say it's more than sufficient for most people's purposes!

Amazing little device. One of my more satisfying recent purchases.