The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, June 25, 2003

HULK SPAM!
I really shouldn't dignify any of the junk email I get with acknowledgement. But once every 10,000th spam, I do get one that manages to catch my eye. If I actually clicked through and bought something off one, that would be adding to the problem, so I guess just commenting on it is harmless enough.

Anyway, this morning I got a spam that was trying to cash in on the Hulk. It was selling a Hulk-brand wristwatch or something. What made me notice it was the name of the sender: None other than Bruce Banner! (Actually, it was "Bruce_Banner68956@something.net"; I guess Dr. Banner didn't stake his name-claim early enough.) Nice to know the Doc is making money off his popularity spike.

I bet if I got more email from the likes of Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent, I'd respond to a lot more unsolicited inquiries. Are you listening, spammers?