The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, June 30, 2003

BRING BACK BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD!
huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh
Here's a thought. Since The New TNN's revamp is pretty much based around animated programming, they should bring back one of the funniest animated shows of the last twenty years.

I am speaking, of course, of Beavis & Butt-head! God, I miss that show. The patter between them when they were ragging on a Michael Bolton or Poison video would have me rolling! I wish they would rerun them. Consider: Since Viacom is the owner in both cases (of TNN and MTV, which owns B&B), this should be a snap to accomplish.

One qualifier: If they rerun the old episodes, and they should, they must include the video segments! Get the licensing rights to make it happen, but by all means, make it happen. Otherwise, there's no point in airing the abbreviated episodes. And it goes without saying that any new episodes should include them critiquing today's videos in front of their creaky television set.

The question that comes up is, are those two little dweebs man enough for "the first network for men"? I say, if Ren and Stimpy's "You're the pitcher, I'm the catcher" routine qualifies as men's fare, then Beavis & Butt-head should be no problem.