The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Saturday, June 14, 2003

$20? MAKE THAT $12.63
So, you may recall the class-action lawsuit brought against the music industry for CD price fixing, and how anyone could sign up to be part of it. I even provided you a link to join in. But of course, I bet you were too darn lazy to do it, weren't you? Despite buying all those Madonna, Blink-182 and Luther Vandross discs for ungodly prices, you didn't feel cheated enough to take a chance at getting back 20 bucks.

Well, guess what, sucka? WE WON! That's right, I'm identifying with the whole class-action thing. The music industry has been found guilty, and now they gotta cough up the dough. Stickin' it to the man!

Some might consider the estimated $12.63 that's expected to be rewarded to be minor chump change, all things considered. And it certainly is. But all I know is, I got $12.63 for sitting on my butt doing nothing, and you didn't. What do you say to that? Yeah, I didn't think so.