The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Friday, April 11, 2003

WRISTPHONES!
watch the watch
Tired of carrying your mobile phone in your pocket, on a beltclip (I hate those things, I refuse to get one), or in your purse? Then you might go for the Wristomo, the slick new number from NTT DoCoMo, Japan's biggest mobile phone maker.

For me, this would be a great item to have (too bad I don't live in Japan). I never wear a watch, and never have. But I always have my mobile phone on me, and I frequently take it out of my pocket to check the time. So, naturally, if I could just wear the thing on my wrist, it would be much more easily accessible.

I wonder, though: Would talking into your wrist look cool in the referenced Dick Tracy way, or geeky? I guess you could always plug in a hands-free earpiece and mike, like many people do with their phones now.