The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Friday, April 11, 2003

FROM THE BREWMASTERS OF 7-ELEVEN
drink our beer!
Are you a beer drinker, but not really a Budweiser or Miller kinda guy/gal? Not one for the premiums or imports either? Then perhaps you'll cozy up to Santiago, the new sudsy sensation coming your way courtesy of 7-Eleven. They'll be making their own wine, too!

Without even waiting for this swill to hit the refrigerated shelves, the bargain-basement pricetag and convenience-store lineage should place this stuff somewhere between Hamm's and Black Label in the Beer Hierarchy Chart. I'm not even going to bother to comment on the wine.

Of course, since I never drink beer these days, I couldn't care less about this development. But I'm sure in my college years, the arrival of a "more-bang-for-your-buck" brew like this, so conveniently accessible, would have been cause for much rejoicing.