The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Friday, March 14, 2003

MEMORY BOOST!
It's embarrassing to admit, but my home computer has been limping along on a laughable 64K of RAM. To tell you the truth, I didn't even realize it until a couple of weeks back, when I installed a little freeware memory optimizer program. And it's funny, but I don't think I was really put off by how slow the system was running until I consciously knew the memory number... and then of course, it was intolerably sloooooow. It makes sense that it would be, since I'm running Windows 2000 Pro, which is a respectable memory hog.

So, I ordered a 128K RAM chip through Tech Depot, got it in the mail yesterday, and just installed it minutes ago (first time ever, it was a breeze). I am now running on a robust 160K (32K is built-in, I had to remove the other 32K module). The noticable results? Menus and windows do seem to snap up quicker, but not tons quicker. But it's an improvement.