The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Saturday, March 22, 2003

DINERS IN THE DARK, EXCHANGING GROPINGS....
Following in the tradition of other unconventional dating services like SpeedDating and Neodates, Cosmo Party has come up with Dinners In The Dark, an opportunity for people to have a gourmet dinner with an unknown companion in total pitch blackness, which affords the opportunity to pull some stuff you wouldn't dare do with the lights on. (It's nothing as risque as you'd think: a little copping of feels along with a lot of food-fight stuff.)

I actually think this is a groovy (yes, groovy) idea. It's almost like Internet chatting with a real-world component. I mean, you can't go by looks at all, so your mouth and personality have to do all the work. Plus you get to eat. Actually, I'm something of a finicky eater, so that part of it might be a little tricky for me (although I'm not gonna be like that bitch Jennifer (another Jennifer!) in the article). What are the odds that this thing would come to the Tampa Bay area? And even then, what are the odds that I'd actually do it...

Do-be-do-be-do, do-do-be-do-be...