The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, March 10, 2003

COLD BUSTIN' RHYMES ON VIDEO GAMES
If you like rap, and you like video games, then you'll love Def Jam Vendetta. At least, Def Jam and Electronic Arts hope you will, because they're rolling out this new game in which you can play avatars of real-life rappers like Method Man and DMX whilst listening to their songs as soundtrack.

Although there's mention here that this is a first-of-it's-kind production, that's not true. I know Aerosmith appeared in their own videogame not that long ago. And I'm sure there've been other examples over the past twenty years. Wanna bet that Michael Jackson had a themed game back in the day?

What I don't get is, it says here that Def Jam Vendetta will be released for PlayStation 2 and Gamecube--but not Xbox?? What up with that? Not that I'd necessarily buy it, but I might rent it just for curiosity. Don't leave me hangin', Def Jam!