The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, March 17, 2003

ADIOS HALOSCAN, HOLA BLOGOUT
Today, I rather capriciously swapped one commenting system for another on this blog. Other than replacing the text in the link from "Talk At Me" to "Shout Out", I don't think anyone will notice much difference. I can't change the "Shout Out" text, which is just as well as I kinda like it.

Why did I make the change? This past weekend, the HaloScan comments went down for a little over a day. Again. It's been happening every weekend for the last month or more, with the outages varying in length. I've mentioned before how I find it ridiculous to complain about a service for which I pay nothing, and that it's not like I get many comments anyway. But, fact is I just don't want to have to think about the commenting system on this site, and with the instability HaloScan's been showing, I'm tired of it being on my mind. I still have my HaloScan account, and I can always re-instate it, but let's be real: As long as BlogOut stays up most of the time and does the fundamental job I want from it, I won't be giving the comments another thought.

So, without further ado... Gimme a Shout Out!