The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, January 20, 2003

SUPERBOWL (AD) SHUFFLE
the bucs??!
The big game is right around the corner! And yes, I am STUNNED that that Tampa Bay Buccaneers are playing... I've still got creamsicle orange on the brain, I think.

But hey, enough about football! We all know what the Superbowl is truly about, baby--advertising. Everyone knows at least one person who's sucker enough to watch the game and all associated pre- and post-game programming solely to see all the pretty new commercials. Even most people who care about the game have been brainwashed to look forward to seeing the premiere of the latest cola/pizza/movie ads. It's rather unbelievable.

In that spirit, here's a sneak peek at the final overall picture for this Super Sunday. I especially like the analysis regarding what is and isn't an effective ad, and what kinds of companies benefit most from this grand exposure.