The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, January 01, 2003

ONE DAY, YOU WILL KNOW ME AS IRON CHEF GREEK
fukui-san!kaga!
What more sublime way to spend New Year's Day than to indulge in a day-long marathon of Iron Chef? Chairman Kaga rules, baby. And so does his wardrobe.

If you've never seen this show, you have to. It possibly may be the most entertaining show on the tube today. Don't believe me? Ask this guy. Or this guy, even.

Iron Chef Japanese Masaharu Morimoto used to be my favorite Chef. But lately, I've come to favor the infrequently-seen Iron Chef Italian Masahiko Kobe, not least because he alone, among all the Iron Chefs, boasts his very own string section.

My friend Tom, who also loves this show, actually met Morimoto-san once! While in Philadelphia, he ate at Morimoto's restaurant, and the invincible man of culinary skills was right there! What a thrill.