The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, December 25, 2002

SIGNS OF, UGH, AGING
This sort of thing just kills me. There's nothing I despise about getting older, physically, than the little nagging things that crop up.

Case in point: I wake up this morning, and the middle finger on my right hand HURTS. It's sore and aching, and while it doesn't hurt horribly, it's definitely noticable. What's really bothering me is, what the fuck possibly could have caused this? I mean, I was sleeping, ferchristsakes. Was I possibly having an involved dream where I was flipping off people every five seconds? :)

I cannot think of a more bizarre concept that experiencing soreness or injury as a result of a full night's sleep. Essentially, my body is getting worn down from being in a state of inertness. As a kid, I used to laugh at my parents when they complained about their backs or necks hurting as soon as they woke up. I guess the joke's on me now. Merde.