The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Sunday, December 08, 2002

PUTTING IT IN THE HOLE... IN ONE
fore!
My friends Kirby and Angela brung me a Christmas present last night at my party. It's a Hole In One Game, straight from The Bombay Company (although I couldn't find it on their website; must be a discontinued item).

Mucho fun-o. You have to manipulate the two metal rods to use them as tracks for a ball, and the idea is to maneuver the ball so that it'll roll far enough toward you to land in the highly-coveted Hole In One hole. I've been playing it on and off all day, and I've nailed holes-in-one several times.

I love games like this: very simple, requires little effort, yet always manages to entertain. Plus, it's quite stylish-looking (not that you can tell from the above photo; I had to take it myself as I couldn't find one on the Web, and I'm no Ansel Adams).