The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Friday, December 20, 2002

DEATH TO VIDEOGAMES
Beware, citizens: Today's videogames are so chock full of violence and--gasp!--boobies that some in the government deem it necessary to take action. And please, remember to think of the children.

I'm glad to see that the videogame industry is playing it smart this time, in the form of having a trade association/advocacy group to present their views. I always got the feeling that, in the past, publishers and programmers were in way over their heads on this type of thing.

One little factoid from this article I found interesting: It says that slightly over half of videogame consumers/players are male. Only "slightly over half"?? Come on. I'll bet you anything it's more like 90%. I have yet to meet any girls/women who actively play videogames (or at least admit to it).