The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Saturday, October 12, 2002

"RULES" RULES
the rules
Just saw the new movie The Rules of Attraction today. Loved it! I was giggling throughout the whole show (much to the consternation of others in the theater, I think). I had somehow gotten the impression that it would be set in the mid-80s (like another movie based on Brett Easton Ellis' writings, American Psycho; and in fact, Rules features the brother of American Psycho's main character), but once I saw it wasn't, I adapted quickly. The soundtrack was primarily obscure 80s songs, and was pretty cool, so I guess that made up for the chronological update.

I think the best part was seeing TV's Dawson doing unspeakable things, the highlight of which was him masturbating to the groovy sounds of Starland Vocal Band's Afternoon Delight. Priceless!