The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Sunday, October 20, 2002

NEW LOOK FOR PERRIER
perrier meets 7up
Well, it turns out that, on a global level, this is not so new. But it's the first time I've seen this new plastic, soda-like bottle for my favorite sparkling water, Perrier. Just bought a four-pack while grocery shopping yesterday.

Apparently, the move was made after years of research, and the determination that the younger demographics prefer plastic bottles over the traditional but fragile green glass. The package does often make the product. I like that little green bottle. But I can live with the plastic too, I guess.

I wish I could've found a good picture of the new look online. This was the closest I could find. I had to take the above picture myself and do a so-so job cropping it. It actually came out better than I thought. I'm using a cheapie digital camera (like $40 retail). Not bad, considering.