The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Tuesday, August 27, 2002

LEIF GARRETT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND
Ah, you gotta love the interaction between PR machines and a sloooooooooooow news day. How else to explain why the AP is bothering to run this shorty on former Somebody Leif Garrett and his thoughts on the phenomenon-du-jour that is Anna Nicole Smith.

Can't wait to hear Mr. Has-Been's analysis on this freak show in the making.

I'm amazed that this guy is only 40 years old--a mere decade my senior. I remember him being a big-time superstar when I was a little kid, so I guess I always assumed he was a quite a bit older. Ah, the rise and fall of the teenie-bopper idol...

And actually, what the hell did this cypher do 30 years ago to get so famous?? I did a quick search to find one of his signature songs from back in the day, and all I found was a greatest hits compilation, a good chunk of which is just cover songs. It looks like his biggest claim to fame was landing on the cover of Tiger Beat about a zillion times.